About Bud the Spud

"Bud the Spud" is a potato and unlike other potatos Bud is perfectly happy to remain a potato, he has no intention of becomming "Mashed Potato, French Fries, potato Chips" or anything else that takes away from his being just a plain ordinary potato.

one day Bud discovers that the "Rotten Potato" is selling off his fellow potato people to the fast food conglomorates in a mass genocide of his own people. Now this is enough to piss off any self respecting potato. And so begins Bud's adventure to find and stop the "Rotten Potato" from this dastardy most dispicable act of genocide. Bud will have no easy task as he will have many obstacles along the way, deadly toxic mud bogs to cross, attacking Worms, Potato Beetles, rogue toy Robots, food processing machines, Hibachi BB Q's and so much more.

Thus begins the concept for my indie game development project "Bud the Spud"

Monday, May 21, 2012

Chattering Toy Teeth Character

I've been putting the final touches on the code for the "Chattering Toy Teeth" character. It's almost done, just fine tuning it to match up with sounds and working out the characters death setup for when Bud the Spud jumps on him. I'm making him similar to the Potato Beetles in that it will take Bud two jumps to defeat this enemy. Because he has a top and lower jaw section I'm not sure how that will workout but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

I've been having some export issues with Max 8 lately, for some reason when I export out as FBX with the Y set to Up when it shows up inside of unity it's still Z up?? Very strange. So I've had to use my fix that I ended up using for my Alien Zombies a while back where I had to place my character inside of an empty game object and reference the animation to the model inside of that object. I have no idea why Max 8 suddenly decided to muck up my exports when they were working fine before?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment