About Bud the Spud

"Bud the Spud" is a potato and unlike other potatos Bud is perfectly happy to remain a potato, he has no intention of becomming "Mashed Potato, French Fries, potato Chips" or anything else that takes away from his being just a plain ordinary potato.

one day Bud discovers that the "Rotten Potato" is selling off his fellow potato people to the fast food conglomorates in a mass genocide of his own people. Now this is enough to piss off any self respecting potato. And so begins Bud's adventure to find and stop the "Rotten Potato" from this dastardy most dispicable act of genocide. Bud will have no easy task as he will have many obstacles along the way, deadly toxic mud bogs to cross, attacking Worms, Potato Beetles, rogue toy Robots, food processing machines, Hibachi BB Q's and so much more.

Thus begins the concept for my indie game development project "Bud the Spud"

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mouse Traps

"Bud the Spud" has a new game item to watch out for, "Mouse Traps." There will be a few of these in the Tree House in level 03 for Bud to have to avoid. I'm going to place one of these along the path the toy wind up robot patrols inside of the Tree House because getting past that robot is still way too easy and needs another dangerous obstacle just to make it less easy to just dodge by the robot. I've not really decided on the damage amount these pesky things will dish out if bud accidentally runs into one. I'm thinking a good 25 should be pretty fair, but I'll make it a variable so I can change it easily in the inspector in Unity 3D's editor.

When I was designing the mouse trap I thought about going with the classic "Victor" mouse traps but did not want any recognizable company names used so instead I came up with "Snag Em" mouse traps, a non existent company I dreamed up just for this purpose. Do you like the "Snag Em" logo ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment