About Bud the Spud

"Bud the Spud" is a potato and unlike other potatos Bud is perfectly happy to remain a potato, he has no intention of becomming "Mashed Potato, French Fries, potato Chips" or anything else that takes away from his being just a plain ordinary potato.

one day Bud discovers that the "Rotten Potato" is selling off his fellow potato people to the fast food conglomorates in a mass genocide of his own people. Now this is enough to piss off any self respecting potato. And so begins Bud's adventure to find and stop the "Rotten Potato" from this dastardy most dispicable act of genocide. Bud will have no easy task as he will have many obstacles along the way, deadly toxic mud bogs to cross, attacking Worms, Potato Beetles, rogue toy Robots, food processing machines, Hibachi BB Q's and so much more.

Thus begins the concept for my indie game development project "Bud the Spud"

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Jack in a Box re Texturing

I figured I might as well get right to it and re texture map the "Jack in a Box" with new maps that I can use. I still pulled some google images to use as a basis for my maps but I gave them a jolly good reworking in Corel Painter so now they are original enough for me to be able to use and redistribute with my model. In some way it was kind of a shame as I had grown quite fond of the maps I was originally using but I'm very satisfied with these, they have a more hand painted look and I tried to keep the overall painting style consistent, it also gave me a chance to fix up some areas of the texture map that I was not 100 percent happy with from the first batch of textures I was using.

I'm still having that freaking import issue from Max 8 into Unity 3D with it buggering up my head of my Jack in a Box and flipping the normals in a very weird way that it also affect the direction the light hits the head part of the model as well... really do not know how to fix that. But last night I did a little experimenting and I found that if I use the Nature soft occlusion leaves material, (it's the wrong texture I know but the only one I could think of that was double sided), tweak the setting and place a point light inside of the head that I can make it look somewhat passable if I have too... but I would rather that the Fracking problem fixed. After this post it will be some more searching on the web to see what I can find out from anyone else who is suffering from the same stoooopid issue... C'mon Unity Fix your Fracking Software!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment