About Bud the Spud

"Bud the Spud" is a potato and unlike other potatos Bud is perfectly happy to remain a potato, he has no intention of becomming "Mashed Potato, French Fries, potato Chips" or anything else that takes away from his being just a plain ordinary potato.

one day Bud discovers that the "Rotten Potato" is selling off his fellow potato people to the fast food conglomorates in a mass genocide of his own people. Now this is enough to piss off any self respecting potato. And so begins Bud's adventure to find and stop the "Rotten Potato" from this dastardy most dispicable act of genocide. Bud will have no easy task as he will have many obstacles along the way, deadly toxic mud bogs to cross, attacking Worms, Potato Beetles, rogue toy Robots, food processing machines, Hibachi BB Q's and so much more.

Thus begins the concept for my indie game development project "Bud the Spud"

Friday, April 27, 2012

Buds new Pushable Toy Ball

OK I've got the toy space ball placed into my scene in the Tree House as you can see. Now the ball is serving a good purpose to partially hide the hole in the floor that Bud will need to drop down in order to find the 2nd key he needs. I also placed an extra life heart on top of the 2nd wooden apple box on top of the one you see here, you'll know when extra life hearts are near by by the sound of the beating heart, that's your clue that one is close.

So with that little job out of the way now I just need to work on the ground level stuff for Bud the Spud to deal with, fix up some of the terrain texture, perhaps add another challenge, workout the level exit for this level and then I think I'll be basically done with level 03, although I do want to tweak the scenario with the wind up toy robot inside of the Tree House as I still feel he is too easy to avoid. I'm not really sure what to do about that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment