About Bud the Spud

"Bud the Spud" is a potato and unlike other potatos Bud is perfectly happy to remain a potato, he has no intention of becomming "Mashed Potato, French Fries, potato Chips" or anything else that takes away from his being just a plain ordinary potato.

one day Bud discovers that the "Rotten Potato" is selling off his fellow potato people to the fast food conglomorates in a mass genocide of his own people. Now this is enough to piss off any self respecting potato. And so begins Bud's adventure to find and stop the "Rotten Potato" from this dastardy most dispicable act of genocide. Bud will have no easy task as he will have many obstacles along the way, deadly toxic mud bogs to cross, attacking Worms, Potato Beetles, rogue toy Robots, food processing machines, Hibachi BB Q's and so much more.

Thus begins the concept for my indie game development project "Bud the Spud"

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cartoon Potato Beetle WIP

A sneak peek at the Cartoon Potato Beetle I'm developing for my "Bud the Spud Game." Just a WIP right now but he's starting to shape up nicely, big and plump just the kind of thing Bud will want to squish when he jumps on them just like the Worms in level 01.

I've never animated a beetle or anything with six legs before so I'm sure this is going to be fun. I have a few ideas on how insects actually walk but I'm not sure, maybe there is some video on YouTube I can study to get a better clue as to how I should have this lil guy move. I do need to make his antenna and texture him fist before I get into the whole rigging him and animating bit. I'm going to try and use another Biped as I seem to have better luck with those that fiddling about with the bones option, I never seem to get the hang of it right. But I'm pretty sure I should be able to use a custom biped and just move things around a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment