About Bud the Spud

"Bud the Spud" is a potato and unlike other potatos Bud is perfectly happy to remain a potato, he has no intention of becomming "Mashed Potato, French Fries, potato Chips" or anything else that takes away from his being just a plain ordinary potato.

one day Bud discovers that the "Rotten Potato" is selling off his fellow potato people to the fast food conglomorates in a mass genocide of his own people. Now this is enough to piss off any self respecting potato. And so begins Bud's adventure to find and stop the "Rotten Potato" from this dastardy most dispicable act of genocide. Bud will have no easy task as he will have many obstacles along the way, deadly toxic mud bogs to cross, attacking Worms, Potato Beetles, rogue toy Robots, food processing machines, Hibachi BB Q's and so much more.

Thus begins the concept for my indie game development project "Bud the Spud"

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sand Box Robot Fire Control

I was able to get the robot working pretty close to the way I originally wanted in that he shoots fire balls in a circular pattern, the only thing is, is that he deliberately targets my player which I did not want I wanted just a random shooting of fire balls in an off set circular pattern. But this does make getting across that mote bridge a lot more difficult which is good in many ways as it should NOT be easy! So I may leave him like this with perhaps a little more tweaking on his fire rate. Right now it's pretty good and gives Bud the Spud a good deal to worry about if he gets close to that bridge entry way. One hit and it's "Mashed" Bud the Spud!

I also added in some Potato Beetles into the Sand Box and placed a key pick up inside of the toy rubber Shark and another key on top of the Sand Castle tower. I placed a health pick up way above the toy Rubber Duck so Bud will have to do a double flip jump in order to get it and I placed an extra life heart on top of the Toy Wooden blocks. Over all I'm pretty happy with the way this level is shaping up. I still need to make the entry and exit scenario but it's getting pretty close to being finished.

I want to add the toy Chattering Teeth character but I'm having difficulty with the way the character works and I'm pretty sure it has to do with my Max 8 exporting my FBX files out as "Z" up instead of "Y" up, the exporter says it's exporting as "Y" up but when I get it into Unity 3D it shows up as "Z" up?? Very frustrating I can tell you because I'm sure this is the reason it's making my code not work as it should. It seems that if bud gets attacked with his back facing the enemy then he takes damage but if he is facing the enemy then those toy teeth could chomp away all day and do no damage??? I have NO idea why this is the case but it's putting a block on my progress here. I tried re installing Max 8 today to see if maybe that would fix the problem... it didn't, so I'll keep at trying to figure out what that Frack the problem is while I work on getting some of the other stuff done I need doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment